CS|Source Student Career Fair Resources
2021 Fall Career Fair
The 2021 Fall Career Fair events, depending on membership level, will be held on Sunday-Tuesday, September 12-14. A detailed schedule will be updated here as soon as details are finalized. A virtual career fair is planned and in-person components are yet to be determined. As university plans are finalized for event distancing, those plans will be communicated.
Monday, February 1, 2021
|12:00 PM||1:00 PM||CoStar Group Information Session|
|6:00 PM||7:00 PM||Deloitte Networking Tips & Tricks
Wednesday, February 3, 2021
|2:30 PM||3:45 PM||CS 3604 Professionalism in Computing Panel
Thursday, February 4, 2021
|11:00 AM||12:15 PM||CS 3604 Professionalism in Computing Panel|
|3:30 PM||4:45 PM||CS 3604 Professionalism in Computing Panel
Friday, February 5, 2021
|12:00 PM||1:00 PM||Peraton Information Session|
|4:00 PM||5:00 PM||MITRE Information Session
Monday, February 8, 2021
|10:00 AM||4:00 PM||CS|Source Career Fair (CS Students)|
|2:00 PM||4:00 PM||CS Plus Career Fair (CS/CPE/CMDA Students)|
Tuesday, February 9, 2021
|10:00 AM||4:00 PM||Interview Day|
|5:00 PM||5:50 PM||CS 1944 Sophomore Seminar Panel|
|5:00 PM||5:50 PM||CS 4944 Sophomore Seminar Panel
- Research employers. Recruiters are impressed with students who have done their homework and know something about their company. Visit employer websites and check for any recent news articles. One of the top complaints from recruiters is a student who walks up and says, "What does your company do?"
- Update your resume. Ask someone in Career Servies or an advisor to review.
- Prepare your elevator pitch.
- Dress professionally. Make a good first impression.
- Practice active listening.
- Ask questions. Bring a list of prepared questions.
- Expect to apply online. You may have to apply online to be officially considered for an interview.
Virtual Networking Videos, Career & Professional Development