CS|Source Student Career Fair Resources
2023 Spring Career Fair Events
2023 Spring Career Fair events will kick off on January 25. Please view the schedule below. No registration is required for the career fair on Monday, February 6. Other event registrations may be forwarded. See List of Companies to review company profiles. Download your resume to Handshake and CS|Source Resumes.
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
|6:00 PM||7:30 PM||Resume Workshop - CS Customized w/CS Alum (Virtual)|
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
|1:00 PM||4:00 PM||Mock Career Fair - registration required (Torgersen 1100)|
Friday, February 3, 2023
|TBA||TBA||Technical Interview Workshop - CS Customized w/CS Alum (TBA)|
Sunday, February 5, 2023
|1:00 AM||1:50 AM||Information Session (TBA)|
|2:00 PM||2:50 PM||Information Session (TBA)|
|3:00 PM||3:50 PM||Information Session (TBA)|
Monday, February 6, 2023
|12:30 PM||6:30 PM||Coat&Bag Check / Career Fair Check In (Commonwealth Atrium / Room 219)|
|1:00 PM||6:00 PM||Career Fair (Commonwealth Ballroom)|
|4:00 PM||6:00 PM||CMDA/CPE Added (Commonwealth Ballroom)|
Tuesday, February 7, 2023
|8:00 AM||9:15 AM||CS 3604 Professionalism in Computing Panel (In Person)
|8:30 AM||4:00 PM||Interview Day (Smith Career Center and Commonwealth Ballroom)|
|11:00 AM||12:15 PM||CS 3604 Professionalism in Computing Panel (In Person)|
|5:00 PM||5:50 PM||CS 1944 Sophomore Seminar (In Person)
Wednesday, February 8, 2023
|4:00 PM||5:15 PM||CS 3604 Professionalism in Computing Panel (Virtual)
|5:30 PM||6:20 PM||CS 1944 Sophomore Seminar (Virtual)|
Thursday, September 15, 2023
|5:00 PM||5:50 PM||CS 1944 Sophomore Seminar (Virtual)|
Friday, February 10, 2023
|2:30 PM||3:20 PM||CS 4944 Senior Seminar Panel (Virtual)
- Research employers. Recruiters are impressed with students who have done their homework and know something about their company. Visit employer websites and check for any recent news articles. One of the top complaints from recruiters is a student who walks up and says, "What does your company do?"
- Update your resume. Ask your CS advisor or Career and Professional Development to review. Remember to take your resume to each event you attend.
- Prepare your elevator pitch. Ask your CS advisor or Career and Professional Development for advice.
- Dress professionally. Make a good first impression.
- Practice active listening.
- Ask questions. Take a prepared list.
- Expect to apply online. A recruiter at the career fair may ask you to apply online to be officially considered for an interview. That's standard procedure, but your in-person contact with them is still important.